Thyme is one of those herbs that most folks appreciate the taste. In any case, only a few individuals know how to utilize it. I am here to help educate you on the secrets of this herb and share the advantages of thyme.
Notwithstanding cooking with thyme, it is one of the active ingredients in my anti-bacterial cleaner. I’m quite sure nobody has ever thought of thyme this way right? Truly, it has magnificent restorative properties that make it extraordinary for eliminating microscopic organisms and a whole lot more of other benefits.
Thyme is a delightful expansion to any garden. Ideal for over window boxes as well as being perfect for borders. There are so man assortments to look over. Like velvety soft variety called Elfin Thyme, lemon and even variegated.
When sowing my thyme, I place them in the front row and ensure they get good drainage.
- Thyme is part of the mint family Lamiaceae. Alongside numerous herbs like lavender, basil, oregano and rosemary for example, rosemary, oregano, basil, and lavender.
- Thyme is an Evergreen
- Grow thyme from seed
- Mulching with builder’s sand or limestone rock prevents root decay and enhances drainage.
- Thyme must have great drainage.
- Adding crushed eggshell, oyster eggs and limestone to plants when planting.
- Plant in all around depleted soil with a pH of around 7.0; it lean towards slightly alkaline conditions.
- It does best in full sun.
Cooking With Thyme
This stunning herb has been utilized both in sweet and savory dishes. The most recognizable paring is in your Italian cooking, however, they have a lot of uses. A handful of our favorite recipes are listed below.
- Italian dishes-tomato sauces by sausage maker
- Great for Compound Butters
- The longer crisp thyme is cooked, the milder the flavor always gets
- Pork, poultry or season beef
- Chicken Marsala or steak
- Sometimes pared with Sage and Rosemary.
Our Thyme Recipes
- Insanely Easy Chicken Marsala
- Blue Cheese and Herb Infused Compound Butter
Medicinal properties of thyme
I specified above how I utilize thyme for my anti-bacterial cleaner. I also added it to our medicinal honey recipe and our mouthwash.
Thyme has always been a legend in the world of herbs and its medicinal advantages not let me down before.
Benefits Of Thyme:
- Calming properties, expectorant, anti-fungal, antiseptic, antimicrobial, antirheumatic, antispasmodic and antibacterial
- Ancient Greeks used it as incense while ancient Egyptians utilized it in their embalming practices.
- Takes care of Skin Problems
- Can be used for Oral care
- Good for preventing Bronchitis, Whooping Cough, and Sore Throat.
- Great in cleaners and it kills molds
- Its leaves are one of the richest sources of selenium, magnesium, manganese, calcium, iron and potassium. The herb is likewise a rich source of numerous essential vitamins like folic acid, Vitamin-C, Vitamin-K, Vitamin E, Vitamin-A, beta carotene and B-complex vitamins.
So how do you use your thyme? Let us know in the comments section.