MaxFactor, Clarins & More: Face of the Day
Today's post is quite a long one,so get yourself a cuppa as I'm reviewing a ton of products, and showing you my day-to-day makeup! I'll start by saying I bought all these myself (except the Clarins sample) so I had high hopes, although not all of them hold up as well as I would hope.
- Benefit They're Real Mascara does what it says on the box, it gives your lashes a spidery false lash effect but for deep set eyes and oily lids you'll need industrial strength primer!
- Rimmel Pencil for dark blondes, works wonders for your brows and is almost as good and delicate and creamy as Anastasia, so an amazing drugstore find!
- Revlon 12hr Colorstay Palette in Coffee Bean is pretty good, quite a standard drugstore palette with 4 color selections to suit most people, staying power probably doesn't last 12hrs though..
- Clarins Skill Illusion Foundation with SPF10 works well, it's about medium coverage which is most foundation types on my skin, you'll need to add concealer for full flawless finish
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair works amazingly, a great drugstore find and all the bloggers I know who tried it, love it and stick by it.
- MaxFactor CC Cream in 40 Fair works well with my skin, it has an almost second-skin effect for a nude base, you can also use it as a moisturiser if you have normal skin and add a foundation on top
- Soap & Glory Glow All Out Highlighter works amazingly on cheekbones and points on the face that catch light, it's a light finely milled pink which adds a glow to the skin
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powders - one for acne prone skin and the other normal, keeps skin matte for hours without looking cakey
Hope you guys enjoyed the lengthy post, I can definitely do more in-depth reviews of any of the above.